Terms & Conditions
- a) Your contract is made with Spice Routes Luxury Houseboats (‘the Company‘), registered in India and all bookings are subject to these terms and conditions.
- b) All communications by the Company in relation to your booking will be sent to the address stated on the booking form or email.
- c) All bookings must be made through an authorised representative of the Company.
- d) Receipt of the deposit and booking form by the Company does neither guarantee nor imply confirmation of the booking. No booking shall be confirmed until the Company issues a written notice on email. The Company reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason and shall in that event return any deposit received.
- e) Your booking must be paid in full before the departure date. If payment is not received by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit. The person who signs the booking form guarantees payment of the total amount shown on the booking form in accordance with these conditions. No reminders will be sent
- f) All special requests, such as dietary requirements, should be notified before arrival.
- g) Parents /Guardians will be responsible for the safety of their wards and themselves on the houseboat. The company holds no liability towards this.
- Price Policy
- a) The Company is under no obligation to furnish a breakdown of the costs involved.
- b) The Company reserves the right to notify you of any increase in price before accepting your booking.
- c) After a Confirmation Invoice has been issued, unless you choose to pay for your holiday in full at the time of booking, the price of your holiday is subject to the possibilities of surcharges in certain limited circumstances. However, a surcharge will only be levied to allow for variations in transportation cost, including cost of fuel, increase in normal published airfares, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes at airports, extra meals consumed, additional services, the exchange rate applied to the particular package or if the government or regulatory body introduce an increase of taxes.
- Cancellation and Changes by the Company
- a) Occasionally it may be deemed necessary to make changes to your booking and the Company reserves the right to do so at any time, and you will be notified of any changes at the earliest possible opportunity.
- b) Compensation will not be paid for changes or cancellations caused by Acts of God (Force Majeure), war, threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or man-made disaster, fire, technical problems to transport, closure or congestion of airports, strikes or other industrial action, adverse weather conditions or any other event beyond the Company’s control.
- c) The Company reserve the right to cancel your booking even after a confirmation notice has been sent. No compensation will be payable.
- d) The company also has the right to refuse any person, if in their opinion that person could endanger the health, safety and enjoyment of others on the houseboats.
- Our Responsibilities
- a) The Company is not responsible if you or any member of your party suffer death, illness or injury as a result of any failure to perform or improper performance of any part of our contract with you where such failure is attributable to (i) the acts and/or omissions of any member of the party, or (ii) those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday, or (iii) an event which neither the Company or the service provider could have foreseen or prevented even with due care.
- b) Should any member of your party suffer illness, injury or death through misadventure arising out of an activity, which does not form part of the holiday the Company has arranged for you the Company cannot accept liability. The Company will offer general assistance where appropriate.
- c) The Company regret that no refund will be made on unused tickets where travel, sporting event or other types of ticket, unless a refund can be obtained from the carrier or provider.
- Your Responsibilities
- a) You are responsible for arranging your own travel insurance.
- b) Each member of the party must have an identification and in the case of foreign nationals, a valid passport, visas and all necessary documentation for visiting India.
- c) By booking a holiday with the Company you undertake to behave in an orderly manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday with you nor to do anything to bring the reputation of the Company into disrepute. If you breach this clause your holiday will be terminated with immediate effect and the Company will have no further contractual obligation to you. The Company will be entitled to recover from the offending party and/or the person who signed the booking form compensation for any damage caused.
- d) It is the responsibility of the person who makes the booking to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions that members of their party may have.
- e) All equipment and personal effects shall be all times and in all circumstances at the owner’s risk. The Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage or delay to your luggage or effects unless directly caused by the negligence of one of our representatives.
The Company forbids smoking in any houseboat operated by the Company. Stops can be arranged for those who desire to smoke.
The Company will undertake to ensure the safety of the client throughout the tour, however aspects of each particular tour may not be without an element of danger.
The Company has made all reasonable efforts to check the accuracy of the information contained in our website. The Company cannot however accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions that may appear in this site.
- a) If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the person in charge of your houseboat or the manager.
- b) Any dispute that may arise will be governed by Indian law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Indian Courts.
- c) All information given by the Company whether in writing or orally is to the best of the Company’s knowledge and believed correct at the time given and is given in good faith. The booking conditions shall take precedence over any other warranty or condition that may have been given.
- Data Protection Act
It may be necessary for the Company to ask you for certain personal information. Examples of this would be dietary requirements, disability/medical or religious information etc. This information will be kept confidential by the Company and is available to you to inspect during the Company’s normal working hours. It will be passed to the suppliers, if it is necessary for them to know this information in order to fulfil the Company’s contract to you.